The NZGFA national council is led by the President and two Vice-Presidents and comprises one elected member from each of the seven NZGFA regional branches – Northland, Waikato, Taranaki, Central Districts, Nelson/Marlborough, Canterbury and Otago/Southland.
The national council meets quarterly to consider matters of industry interest as well as issues raised by the regional branches.
Within the national council there are five sub-committees covering transport, fertiliser and lime, training, membership and promotions.
The regional branches meet regularly and set their own agendas. Each branch elects its own chairman and committee members.
The NZGFA aims to:
- Create a strong industry forum.
- Promote, protect and advance the commercial interests of NZGFA members.
- Assist members with all industry matters relating to the distribution of bulk lime and fertilisers.
- Promote, or oppose (whichever is in the best interests of the NZGFA membership), any measures – legislative or otherwise – affecting the groundspreading businesses of members.
- Promote the benefits of distributing bulk lime and fertilisers to the industry.
- Facilitate industry relations and connections amongst groundspreaders, manufacturers and distributors of fertiliser and lime.