Becoming a member of the NZGFA is recommended to all individuals and companies involved in the groundspread fertiliser industry.
Belonging to a trade organisation that has your best interests, and those of your industry, at heart means that you can be assured that issues affecting groundspreading businesses will be assessed and managed by the NZGFA national council. Joining the NZGFA also provides you and your team with an opportunity to participate in the camaraderie of the groundspread industry as well as network with others in the profession. You can do this at your own regional NZFGA group meetings as well as on a national level at the NZGFA annual conference.
As a NZGFA member you will receive the following member benefits:
- Discounts for Spreadmark certification and audit fees.
- Discounts for operator training costs.
- The NZGFA quarterly magazine, Groundspread, delivered to your door.
- Access to the online member toolkit which includes the NZGFA driver training manual and the NZGFA health and safety manual.
- Access to the Spotlight Incident Reporting app.
- Membership to the N3 business buying network (South Island members only)
The NZGFA facilitates on-going liaison with allied and associated industry organisations – including the Fertiliser Quality Council (FQC), the RTA, the Rural Contractors Association, Federated Farmers as well as local and central government.
Recent achievements accomplished include:
- Inclusion of ‘fertiliser spreader’ into the vehicle mass and dimension rules resulting in a decrease in vehicle movement restrictions.
- Involvement in the development of a Farmer Spreadmark scheme
- The development of NZGFA spreader operator training courses in partnership with Candrive
- The creation of the NZGFA health and safety manual.
- Ongoing improvements in the quality of fertiliser spreading, following liaison with fertiliser manufacturers and Massey University.
To become a NZGFA member download the membership form and email or post to:
NZGFA Executive Director - Kevin Geddes