The Awards Committee is delighted to announce the finalists of the inaugural NZGFA Awards. Congratulations goes to:
Ron Smith (R&R Haulage Ltd) and Ted Usmar (Wealleans Engineering) - Innovation Award, sponsored by Trucks & Trailers.
Nicola Goodwin (Wealleans Ltd) and Peter Herrick (HWR Richardson) - Health & Safety Award, sponsored by Graymont.
Hannah Mason (Wealleans Ltd) and Adam White (Wealleans Engineering) - Young Achiever's Award, sponsored by Ravensdown.
Gordon Dobbs (Brown & Shanley) and Rodger Scott (Central Transport Ltd) - Ballance Agri-Nutrients.
About the NZGFA Awards
The NZGFA has introduced four awards to its annual conference programme, with 2019 being the inaugural year. The awards seek to recognise and commend individuals or associate organisations who have made a significant and positive contribution to the ground spreading industry. They also serve to reflect the level of professionalism, responsibility and innovation that exists across the ground spreading profession, and within the Association.
- Nominations for each award officially open on Monday 18th February 2019. Nominations can be made by any individual, company or organisation involved in or associated with the ground spreading industry.
- The submission of nominations will be via the nomination form. This will be made available online and as a pull out in the February 2019 issue of Groundspread magazine.
- The nominator and the nominees must both read and understand the relevant award criteria and the terms and conditions before submitting the application form.before completing the application form.
- It is recommended that the nominator and the nominee complete the application form together.
- Nominations will close on Friday 12th April 2019, allowing time for the judging panel to consider the applications, confer and decide on three finalists (including one winner) for each category.
- Finalists will be announced on Monday 13th May 2019. All finalists will be contacted and advised of their status. They will be invited to conference.
- All finalists will be recognised at the Gala Dinner on Monday 9th July 2019 and the winner of each award announced.